Wednesday 26 October 2011

Oct 27, 2011


Mustard Green Raw vs lightly boiled
Prepared lightly-boiled Mustard Green today to compliment my lunch. I just love dishes like Mustard Green Rice and Soup which goes so well with Fried RiceJ Besides being high in dietary fibre and antioxidant Vitamin A,C & E, Mustard Green is one of the cruciferous vegetables veges which is very high in valuable Vitamins K. Vitamin K helps prevents internal bleeding and is an essential in producing blood-clotting factor substance in the body. Its anti-cancer properties cholesterol-lowering ability may encourage you to make it your favourite vege. It is interesting to note that Mustard Greens have increased cholesterol-lowering ability when cooked lightly compare to when it is raw.

Grapefruit (left) & Green Apple (right)
I had Grapefruit for breakfast today to help burn some fats from yesterdays feast. Yes, it’s a great fruit for weight loss purpose for it reduces appetite and to help digestion and utilization of foods. It is also Low in calories and eating them burn as many calories as they contains!

The Grapefruit breakfast just now really helps in digestions so I am hungry again…decided to snack on a green apple to further aids in my weight loss plan for the day. Apples are high in fiber Pectin, which has detoxifying quality. Pectin is beneficial for high cholesterol & weight loss too. So as I always “nag”, learn to balance your rich Singapore good food with fruits and veges.
Organic Pineapple Fried Brown Rice Set with Mustard Green
Mustard Green always goes well with fried rice so I choose to have Organic Pineapple Fried Brown Rice Set for lunch today. The fried brown rice is not oily, topped with lots of pineapple, vegetarian mock pork floss and crispy seaweed to add to my iodine content to nourish my thyroid gland to boost my weight loss abilityJ See that the fried rice set did not come with much veges so my home prepared veges comes in handy again. Don’t you agree that my Mustard Green looks so beautiful next to the fried rice and small bowl of cabbage soup tooJ

Cut Guava
Brought cut Guavas for snack which is very high in Vitamin C, fibre and Mineral Potassium again to complement my weight loss and detox planJ Potassium helps to balance the sodium content in our body so that I don’t feel “bloated” due to too much water-retaining salt in the diet.  

Packet Pumpkin with Japanese Cucumber
Will be eating dinner alone tonight so I decided to make it very simple. Will packet some stir-fry pumpkin with is very rich in beta carotene to be converted to Vitamin A and to form an anti-cancer troop inside my body. I decided to eat the Pumpkin with 1 Raw Japanese Cucumber (high in Potassium) so the Pumpkins don’t taste too saltish (outside foods are often heavier in taste…). Take more Pumpkin as it is so chock full of vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants. The enzymes in the raw cucumber will help me digest my cooked pumpkin, thus relieving my body of the burden of digestion. Good digestion ensure good weight control tooJ